Friday, October 15, 2010

Working at Working

I'm feeling optimistic, meeting with recruiters and job stuff is starting to happen! I thoroughly believe that New York will give back what you put into her (yes, New York's a lady in my mind). If you're open to adventure and aren't afraid to work hard, I believe that anything is possible here. People are living out their dreams everyday here, and I'm determined to live out mine. When I'm feeling a bit lost or overwhelmed (which has happened quite often since I got here), I remind myself that hey, you're in NEW YORK, you've come this far, and you can do it!

I'll finish off this post with a verse from the Old Testament and two quotations from Oprah:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take."

- Proverbs 3:5-6 (New Living Translation)

 "Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment." - Oprah

"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure." - Oprah

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Kristiina!! You are a sweet, beautiful and intelligent person with so much talent, and NYC is blessed to have you. The right opportunity will come. Just hold on to His promises. Praying for you!!!

    xoxoxo
    Luv,
    QRI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rathiha :), that means a lot to me!
    Hope all is well with you and family!

    xoxox
    Kristiina

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the force of New York be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will make it, Kristiina. Just stay positive and focused. Stay close to Timo. He is not the most exuberant kind of guy, but he is solid and supportive, a totally nice person.

    ReplyDelete