Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brooklyn Flea

Yesterday afternoon I visited the famous Brooklyn Flea market. The Fort Green one happens every Saturday from 10am - 5pm, rain or shine. I had a great time strolling through all the vintage clothing, jewellery and antique vendors' goods and wares! The vendors were all so friendly and below are some photos of my favourite eye-spies!

John Murphy Prints and Photographs
shopjohnmurphy.com

John says customers tend to pick the frame that matches the colour they're wearing first! Guess which frame I picked?

Yosara Duran of Yoshie Art & Design
I especially loved her multi-strand necklaces made of vintage chain and other delightful materials! She stressed the importance of having a diverse product offering when applying to markets/shows since there is often a surplus of jewellery vendors already. Vintage and repurposed materials are always good!
Read her blog here.
Monkey of Wrecords by Monkey
They make jewellery, accessories and home accents using reclaimed vinyl records while keeping their carbon-footprint to the minimum.

Cityscape Cuff by Wrecords by Monkey

Chandelier Pendant by Wrecords by Monkey
One of my faves.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this display! It's Wilhemina!
My super sweet score of the afternoon!


I didn't know what an egg cream was, but they looked good so I got one and yum! It was good! Think vanilla-flavoured milk soda, like an ice cream float but not thick.


All in all it was a super way to spend a Saturday afternoon on such a beautiful Fall day. I'll definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment