Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finding the Perfect Grey

Over the last few days me and Apartment Therapy, and a load of other decorating blogs, have bonded. I was in search of the perfect grey. I found it: Benjamin Moore "Chelsea Gray" and "Pelican Gray", (but I went with the first one). Love love love this and I think it will really make the bedding pop.

I painted the wall where my bedroom door is to test it out. Still love it, but the large white door and closet doors are an eyesore, and I wondered if painting them the same colour as the walls would look nicer. Then I was doing some more Apartment Therapy'ing and came across this article spotlighting rooms where the walls and trim are painted the same colour. Kapow! These rooms are stunning! My favourite example from the article was of this room. Look how those chartreuse pillows pop! Bam!


It looks possible that by unifying the distribution of colour in a space will result in a more open, larger feeling.

Click here for the original post.

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing worse than white doors. The door to my condo was off-white and looked puky when you went down the hallway to exit. Well, my Apartmen Therapy friend told me to paint the door a metallic grey, and Bingo! what a transformation! Now it is a pleasure to walk down the hall to the exit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a long time lover of gray I know how the search goes for the perfect shade! I love this room and the look of uniformity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ilomai, I'd love to see a picture of the door now. What colour are the walls in the hallways of your building?

    There's something very grounding about the solid top to bottom grey walls. Gray's possibilities are endless aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is gorgeous, and I too am obsessed with dar grey paint. I love the surprising contrast - like a modern black and white combo.

    PS - thanks for the follow on Twentysomethingtestdummies! We're following you back - GREAT BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Robin for the encouragement and for following me back! I really enjoyed what I've read so far on your blog and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete