Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's been 3 weeks

...since I landed in the Big Apple. Don't know what to write about today. Oh, I moved into my apartment last Saturday. I've worked hard the last few days to get my bedroom feeling homey and decorated. The walls are painted white, I was thinking of having them painted but with the bright pink and orange bedding from IKEA, the white walls are kind of okay.

What I built since Saturday:
- put my bed together with the help of one of my roommates (thank you!)
- an Expedit bookshelf
- my Vika Amon desk (the whole desk with the legs and all only cost $19.99, they've got some great deals at Ikea in the US).
- a lamp
- sweet white faux leather office chair (only $59.99 but it's super chic - thanks Ikea!)
- my head, shoulders, knees and toes - and my legs and feet from the several trips made to Ikea and Bed Bath & Beyond

Still need to:
- hang the mirror, bulletin boards ($5.99 each at Ikea, great for displaying jewellery/necklaces especially), whiteboard
- get some favourite photos printed and pick up some inexpensive frames from Ikea to decorate the walls.

Here's what the room looks like so far, will keep you posted as it gets more Kristiina-ified. Still unsure about the layout of the furniture, I'm gonna play with it and see what works best.








2 comments:

  1. Can't believe your there!!! So glad your settling in and you seem happy to boot!!! Hello to my fav Nuuuw Yark Geeetar player!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :). Ikea and I are practically lovers now, lovers of home decorating that is.

    ReplyDelete